Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Caloundra Birds - September 29, 2011

Blue Faced Honey-Eater at Caloundra.  They had babies within this large palm leaf and I watched them coming and going feeding the babies.




Juv Blue-Faced Honeyeater at Caloundra.


Rainbow Lorikeets early morning at Caloundra.



Osprey flying over Bullcock Beach at Caloundra.  Posibly looking for the next meal.




White-Faced Heron on the Boardwalk, Caloundra.
Very poor photo of the Osprey Pair at Caloundra. Early Morning.  A nearby taxi Driver told me that I was about half an hour too late to get a great action photo.  Apparently the birds come back regularly at about 5am with a large fish and it is a spectacular sight he told me.



Osprey




Osprey




Female Figbird?


2 comments:

  1. Looks good for a holiday! I saw an Osprey in a big tree there about ten years ago. I wonder if it's the same one. What a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only had two rainy days at Caloundra, but the Osprey pair were the highlight!. My brother-in-law lives on the coast and I showed him my pathetic photos of the Osprey pair, he knew them well and showed me his own recent spectacular pictures of the pair, they were really something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message on Beyond Our Patch, it is greatly appreciated. If you would like to see more posts from this blog, Please click the Follower Button. Thankyou :)