Caloundra Birds - September 29, 2011

Blue Faced Honey-Eater at Caloundra.  They had babies within this large palm leaf and I watched them coming and going feeding the babies.




Juv Blue-Faced Honeyeater at Caloundra.


Rainbow Lorikeets early morning at Caloundra.



Osprey flying over Bullcock Beach at Caloundra.  Posibly looking for the next meal.




White-Faced Heron on the Boardwalk, Caloundra.
Very poor photo of the Osprey Pair at Caloundra. Early Morning.  A nearby taxi Driver told me that I was about half an hour too late to get a great action photo.  Apparently the birds come back regularly at about 5am with a large fish and it is a spectacular sight he told me.



Osprey




Osprey




Female Figbird?


Comments

  1. Looks good for a holiday! I saw an Osprey in a big tree there about ten years ago. I wonder if it's the same one. What a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only had two rainy days at Caloundra, but the Osprey pair were the highlight!. My brother-in-law lives on the coast and I showed him my pathetic photos of the Osprey pair, he knew them well and showed me his own recent spectacular pictures of the pair, they were really something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on Beyond Our Patch, it is greatly appreciated. If you would like to see more posts from this blog, Please click the Follower Button. Thankyou :)