The Lynton Convict Depot was established in 1853 to supply labour workers to the Geraldine Lead Mine. The Depot closed within three years due to the harsh living conditions and transport problems at the time.
At the time of our visit, parts of the Depot had been restored (new roof on main building) but most had been un-touched, only by the elements.
J & B
|Old Goal at Lynton Convict Depot, WA|
|Willie Wagtail & Nankeen Kestral at Lynton Convict Depot, WA|