"A Day In The Valey" - Garden Tour of Pilton Valley 21/10/12

Yesterday I went back to the beautiful Pilton Valley in South East Queensland, where I called home for the first half of my life.  I attended a very nostalgic tour of the area visiting many beautiful home gardens in the Stunning Pilton Valley.

While it was not a bird watching trip, I still saw quite a few beauties amongst the beautiful gardens and scenery.  They included:

Red-Rumped Parrots
Pale-Headed Roseallas
Little Corellas
Double Barred Finch
Striated Pardalote
Willie Wagtail
Australian Magpie Lark (Pee Wee)
Australian Magpie
Galah
Noisy Miner


"Avonlee"
Jacaranda Tree at "Avonlee"


 





"Ravensthorpe"
 
Ravensthorpe - This is my favourite photo from this beautiful property.





While I thought this old building covered in this flowering plant was beautiful, the owner told me it is a dreadful weed called Cats Claw Creeper, and it is terribly hard to get rid of.  My Mother told me that it was a common plant in very old gardens.
 
"Casey Park"
 
 
I loved this "Barbed Wire Art" at Casey Park



Stunning Flowers at Casey Park, Pilton Valley



Beautiful Entry to Casey Park, Pilton


"Eastern Downs"
 
 



Old Branding Irons, now used as Garden Art at "Eastern Downs".
 
"Pilton Valley"
 
Kings Creek, Pilton Valley

An Old Beauty, Pilton Valley
 
"Wattle Brae Stud"
 
A few pictures from the immaculate Wattle Brae Stud at Pilton.
 

Southern Cross Windmill at Wattle Brae Stud, Pilton

Stunning Bouganvillia's in Flower at Wattle Brae Stud

Hand-made stone walls at Wattle Brae Stud.
 
 
J.G.


Comments

  1. Great post and some lovely compositions there Judi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, the photos didn't turn out how I had hoped as it was the middle of the day and very glary! I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on Beyond Our Patch, it is greatly appreciated. If you would like to see more posts from this blog, Please click the Follower Button. Thankyou :)