Red-whiskered Bulbul in Richmond, New South Wales 29/08/13

While taking a short walk around the beautiful heritage areas of Richmond in the Blue Mountains, New South Wales, I saw quite a few Red-whiskered Bulbul's in a tree in front of an old unused church.  I luckily had my little camera with me and was quite excited to see something new, especially on a rushed trip to visit family, but disappointed when we got home to find in my bird book that these beautiful Bulbul's are an Introduced species and not a native!  They are still beautiful just the same.

Red-whiskered Bulbul at Richmond, New South Wales

These photos are from my short walk down Windsor Street in Richmond:

The Very Grand  & Heritage Home of the National Parks and Wildlife Service in Richmond, New South Wales.


The sun was beaming down on this angel on this grand grave at the St Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery when I took a walk though it and something about it made it very intriguing. 


Believe it or not, this is a footpath.  It is a beautiful treed path which becomes almost like a green archway and takes you  past St Peter's Anglican Church Cemetery on Windsor Street to Smith Park and Pugh's Lagoon Reserve.

Treed footpath walkway to Smith's Reserve, Windsor Street, Richmond NSW

And last but not least, these photos are from the garden of Nana Gray.  It made me feel very sad to see them flowering so beautifully and she no longer being here to enjoy them.  I watered them for her just before we left to return home.

Nana Gray's Orchid's

Nana Gray's Bromeliad's 


J.

Comments

  1. I'd be excited to see one of those bulbuls, Judith. The place looks very peaceful and well worth a good stroll. You collected some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Russell, it is always exciting to see something new - and they were very attractive birds. Thanks for your nice comment.

      Delete
  2. Smart looking bird and one that has eluded me so far. Well done! Look's like a lovely area too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, They were very nice looking & sounding birds - shame I didn't have my big camera to capture them better but I was pleased all the same to see something different.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message on Beyond Our Patch, it is greatly appreciated. If you would like to see more posts from this blog, Please click the Follower Button. Thankyou :)